- Views 4641
Natural Remedies for Common Conditions
Natural Remedies for Common Conditions. From unsightly dandruff to crippling headaches, it seems like there is always some kind of ailment that might be plaguing us. We either suffer with the discomfort or plead with the medical system for help, but the truth is that doctors often prescribe one medication after another, sometimes not knowing what exactly will work but hoping that eventually some drug will do the trick.
Luckily, there are lots of natural remedies for common conditions. This quick list of a few tips and tricks for some of what ails you will have you feeling better in no time.
Natural Remedies for Dandruff
Dandruff is downright embarrassing! But there is a solution to rid your shoulders and head of this pesky nuisance.
Dandruff is caused by a moisture imbalance of the scalp that can actually be remedied with a simple solution: apple cider vinegar.
How to use apple cider vinegar:
- Massage 2 tablespoons of the liquid into the scalp and leave in for at least 15 minutes and up to 3 hours.
- Afterwards, wash with a gentle shampoo.
- Avoid heat styling and drying to give your skin time to heal.
Natural Remedies for a Fever
If running a fever sends you running for the doctor, take a deep breath and run no more. The truth is that fevers are one of the ways the body deals with infection, and it is not necessarily a cause for panic. Easing the discomfort of a fever can be simple but effective, while still allowing the body to heal from any infection or inflammation.
Try these tips:
- Put a pair of socks in cold water and/or in the freezer and then put on your feet. Cooling down your feet can help to cool down the rest of your body.
- Use peppermint essential oil to help break a fever, it creates a cooling sensation. Mix a drop with some other oil (like olive oil), and rub on your neck, behind your ears, or on your feet.
Natural Remedies for Stomach Cramps
Whether from poor digestion or a questionable meal, stomach cramps can have you bending backwards and forwards in pain. Natural remedies are especially ideal for stomach cramps, as you don’t want to further upset an already sensitive stomach.
Try these tips for relief:
- Fennel. This plant’s seeds are rich in magnesium and also act as a breath freshener and antacid. It is suggested to take 5 to 7 grams, or 1 to 1 ½ teaspoons, of seeds per day, either as capsules or in tea to best relieve stomach cramps.
- Peppermint oil. Peppermint oil, or mentha peperita, is full of vitamins A, calcium, and potassium. Take this oil either orally or rub on the belly to cure an upset stomach.
Natural Remedies for Headaches
There are many causes for a headache and perhaps nearly as many cures. But probably most effective are those which are completely natural and also rarely have unpleasant side effects.
Try these natural remedies:
- Create a paste out of freshly ground sandalwood and apply it to the head. Let the paste dry, rub it off, and then wash. Sandalwood can be purchased online and at many natural health foods stores.
- Use lavender oil, which can be either inhaled or applied topically. Add 2 to 4 drops to every 2 or 3 cups of boiling water. Inhaling the vapors will relax you and relieve some of the worst headache and migraine pains. Do not take lavender oil orally.
Go ahead and try these natural remedies for common conditions and start feeling better quickly—the natural way.
Many thanks to Paisley Hansen at Super Simple Wellness for this article.